Tuesday, August 28, 2012

pick yourself back up....

losing weight is like trying to quit smoking, i swear myself along with so many other people (i can imagine) create this new years resolution, and i bet there is a tie with 'this year i want to quit smoking' OR 'this year i want to lose weight', raise your hand if you have made a new years resolution having "both on your list".... *raises hand* *raises both hands*
well here is me >>>> I have been an on and off smoker for over 20 years, i quit for over a yr once, and pick back up, i would go days without a cig., while up to two packs a day - crazy right? About 3 years ago, 2009, after reaching a high weight of 29? (lets just say really close to 300 lbs), i could barely go up a few steps, a mix of smokers lungs and overweight - no bueno, i said to myself (again) i will quit, my husband refuse to pay the $$ for the high prices of a smoke, plus we were on the verge of being homeless, hmmmm a pack of smokes or food in our belly's with a roof over our head? so with all that said, i started setting goals, i knew i could not lose weight unless i stop smoking, i mean i do not get anyone who is a heavy smoker and a work out guru, i don't get it!! I struggle, for sure, but now - Aug 2012 i can easily say i have not bought a pack of smokes in a couple years, i don't even think i have had a full cig., (no i know) in like more than 2 years. The kicker, i have not even had a hit of a cig, in over a yr....
within that time since 2009, too June 26 2012 when i weighed in with my friends at 279 lbs i had lost (and yo yo'd in weight) about 20 lbs - with the excitement knowing i was progressing with my little challenges through out the couple years i decided to take it up a notch >> here's the thing, yes it took a couple years, BUT i knew i had to take it at my pace and not worry about "the clock", because if i set a time frame i don't think i would be where i am now....
the past couple years I have worked on cutting out soda, exercising more, trying out old childhood fav. activities, cutting out cheese, cutting out gluten <<<< now cutting out dairy and cutting out gluten is a health choice for myself, and with medical concerns of my past....
So June 26th 2012, 2 girlfriends and i started a get healthy plan for one year, i have set many goals in these past two months, i have accomplished many goals and many challenges, i have also done "not so well" with the other challenges.... i will continue with my year plan with friends in my next post.... thank you for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment