Saturday, September 1, 2012

my body wants to kill me....

ok, so confession time, the reason i did not make my minus 10 lbs in my 2nd month is because around the last week of the month (which was pretty much the week of 26th, like around couple weeks ago).... i slacked off, well i didnt eat bad, i just didnt work out.... in the end though, i didnt lose any weight, but i did not gain any, and on the plus side, i feel it helped relax my body, not saying it was ok I did not work out, but i feel it was helpful for my sore muscles and such.... my body relaxed....
the past week i have been trying to get my "groove" back and back in the gym and/or working out....
i even started, every tues meatless tuesday, we have been coming up with some awesome dishes.... tony is even enjoying them... ill have to post them on here :)
so i made a deal with Carlos (from work) that we work out a minimum of 2 hours a day, i need to assure i am sweating, i want to continue this minus 10 lbs a month, PLUS i need to catch my body up from the 5 pounds i did not lose....
PLUS - hurricane and i have agreed and said we would lose 20 lbs by disneyland, thats in 2 months (the end of oct.)
SO - this morning i did the gym for about 62 min (hr 2 min), i did this elliptical thingy with the arms for 30 min (a awesome challenge, i hadnt been on this for a while and i dont think i ever have done a complete 30 min, normally shorter time) the program set was variety and i went from a low incline at 4 to as high as 18, woooo it was killer, i did about 20 min of various arm weights/strengths, and 12 min on electric bike = 62min/1hr 2min
Tony, hurricane and I we went to Gilroy Gardens and walked, and walked and went up stairs, hills and more walking for about 2 1/2 hours (2 hours 26 min), will only waited in lines and other "non walking" things for an estimated 26-30 min, so now my legs are killing me - 1/2 the time i had the bag on my back with water and everything - sure sweated with this warm weather out, good times good times....
total work out time thus far = 3 hours
plus when home, we rested and before dinner the three of us did a couple dance moves on the wii, with just dance, we did 4 songs and that was (they have times for each song, how cool huh) 13min and 45 sec....
dinner and a eh alright, some parts were funny kind of a movie, the recently re-creation of The Three Stoogies
total work out today = 3 hours 13min :)
close to my goal, looking for my 4 hour day.... ahhhh that would be awesome....
alright time for bed, nighty night

2 comments:

  1. QSounds like you're doing awesome to me! Consider you could also be gaining muscle in your legs if you're doing that much walking/biking/stairs etc. Also with serious work outs your muscles try to retain water so it could feel like its slowing your weight loss that way. Make sure you're drinking tons of water and don't get down on yourself slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete